Oh yes… you read that right.
It’s taken me almost a year of munching to get this craft room project done. Is that dedication? Is that commitment? Is that obsessed?
Am I the poster girl for patience… or what?!!! (Don’t answer that.)
And like the crazy person that I sometimes am, and only sometimes (uh-huh), I’ve been quietly munching away… and saving the cans.
Why? Well I’m glad you asked.
Because I found a wine rack at the thrift store for $3 so I snapped it right up, and when I got home I had a vision.
LO AND BEHOLD and RAID THE RECYCLE BIN!!!!!
The slots were the perfect size for Pringles cans. Imagine that!
It was kismet!
So you can clearly see that I had no choice. Like any good blogger with a vision I munched,
And finally one day… after many, many, many days… I had a can in every single slot.
So what to do then? I had to cover them with something. And what about the BBQ smell?
Well BBQ Pringles are very mild, and not greasy at all. But as a precautionary measure, as I was amassing my collection, I wiped the inside of each can clean with a damp paper towel and stored them in the wine rack without their lids to air them out. This worked like a charm.
Now to cover them I needed something that could take some abuse. I decided to use some thrifted woodgrain vinyl self adhesive contact paper that I had. It was a bit translucent so it took two layers for each can.
When they were done I thought they looked a little boring. So I decided to pretty them up with bits of lace ribbon and rick rack.
I just used my glue gun. Soooo easy!
I decided to leave the wine rack natural because it matches the cans, and I know I’ll be moving the cans in and out constantly and if I painted the rack it would probably get “chipped”. Ha! (Oh Mr. Bones that’s terrible. uh-huh. Yes Mr. Bones that’s terrible.)
To finish it off I added a piece of masonite on the top for a shelf.
Even though I’m not using them, because I want easy access, I did keep all the lids. I might have to do a project with them someday.
These could be used to store so many things. I’m not a scrapbooker, but scrapbooking storage comes to mind. Chalkboard labels would be great on the top of the lids so you know what’s inside.
If the lids are to be used space needs to be allowed for them when adding any lace and ribbons or the lids won’t fit.
Now I have somewhere to store all my different silverware bunches that I use in my wind chimes, as well as a few other odds and sods that I like to have handy.
The cost of this project was just $3 for the wine rack. Everything else came from my stash. I’m not counting the Pringles because I was already eating them anyway. Thankfully, no pounds were gained during the completion of this project.
Don’t forget to pin it!
Have a great day everyone.