Don’t you just love to have a pretty Christmas angel ornament on the tree?
I certainly do, and today I’m sharing a repurposed angel project created purely from my stashes.
When I found these cool 4″ cone thingies quite a while back I wasn’t sure what they were, but I knew they’d be great for something some day.
Don’t I always think that when I find things? lol.
After doing some quick research I discovered that they were cream horn molds. Cool, I thought… and I put them away in my baking stuff to-be-repurposed-someday stash.
When I was looking through my craft desk drawers the other day I found them and I immediately decided I had to make an angel ornament… or three.
I’ve included affiliate links in this post. If you purchase products by clicking on one of the links I’ll receive a small commission of any sales, but it doesn’t cost you a penny more. This affiliate income helps to keep TRV going, and I thank you so much for your support. Read my full disclosure.
The first thing I did was flatten them just a bit, and then I went into my jewelry stash of bits and bobs. Using my glue gun I started to dress the angel up… starting with this piece of a rhinestone bracelet.
Then I went into my hoop earrings stash looking for wings.
And I found these.
I removed the metal stick parts with pliers…
…and bent the earrings together. This gave me more of the earrings to glue.
Don’t they look just like wings?
When I found the vintage faux-pearl beaded earring I knew it was perfect for the angel face. I just love how the pearls cascade down the front.
This earring’s partner was used last year to make an easy spoon pendant.
I glued the wings to the back of the mold, and went looking in my hardware junk stash for a halo.
I found a washer thingie and glued it on.
Then I added the millinery flower and some pearl beading around the bottom. I also glued on some pearl beading for hanging.
For this one I used a faux pearl from a necklace for her head and gold hoop earrings for her wings. Her halo is a pearlescent button.
I decorated her with some lace, millinery flowers, and pink beading.
For this one I used two vintage cookie press disks for the wings, and her halo is a silver button.
I added some trim around her neckline, a lone millinery flower, pink lace and 2 small sweet bows.
Stash projects like this are so much fun because I never know what the end result will be until I’m done.
I just kinda wing it as I go, and there’s so much freedom in that kind of creating.
Save this project for later by pinning to your favourite board.
These angel ornaments are pretty easy to make with just a glue gun and whatever you have on hand to pretty them up, and the possibilities are really endless.
Thanks so much for reading, and until next time…
keep on keepin’ on!